- Stefano Gabriele
- Scientific disciplinary sector ICAR/08 - scienza dell'architettura
- E-mail email@example.com
- Telefono 06.57336364
Is a Structural Engineer and Tenured Assistant Professor of Structural Mechanics at University ‚ÄúRoma Tre‚ÄĚ, Department of Architecture.
In 2004 earned a PhD in Civil Engineering Sciences, thesis: ‚ÄúFE Model Updating by Interval Analysis Techniques‚ÄĚ.
In 2004 and part of 2005 had a contract with the National Seismic Survey (Seismic Observatory of Structures Project: ‚ÄúTime-Frequency analysis for the modal model¬†identification of concrete and masonry structures‚ÄĚ).
From 2005 to 2008 had a Research contract with the Department of Structures of the University ‚ÄúRoma Tre‚ÄĚ of Rome.
In Jan 2011 was visiting professor at Department of Ocean and Mechanical Engineering, Florida Atlantic University, USA (during the visiting period started a joint research¬†work with Prof. Isaac Elishakoff).
He is a member of LAMS ‚Äď Modelling and Simulation Lab @ University ‚ÄúRoma Tre‚ÄĚ, of the Italian group of the Theoretical and Applied Mechanics and of the INDAM,¬†GNFM (Gruppo Nazionale per la Fisica Matematica).
Is author of about 50 scientific publications on international journals, book chapters, and conference proceedings.
He carries out research at LAMS (Dep. of Architecture and Dep. of Mathematics and Physics, of the University ‚ÄúRoma Tre‚ÄĚ) and is involved in many¬†multidisciplinary research projects.
- structural identification, with applications in civil and mechanical engineering,
- damage identification,
- health motoring and structural diagnosis of historical and architectural heritage,
- non probabilistic techniques for the direct and inverse analysis of structural systems,
- studies and developments of interval analysis based optimization techniques,
- admissibility and reliability in engineering computing,
- bio-mechanics of the human heart,
- applied statistical shape analysis and geometric morphometrics,
- form finding, nonlinear mechanics, nonlinear thin-walled beam models.
– Stefano Gabriele,¬†Nicola Rizzi, Valerio Varano
A 1D¬†Nonlinear TWB model accounting for in plane cross-section deformation.¬†International Journal of Solids and Structures 04/2016; DOI:10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2016.04.017
– M. Mininni, S.¬†Gabriele, H. Lopes, J.V. Ara√ļjo dos Santos
Damage¬†identification in beams using speckle shearography and an optimal spatial¬†sampling. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing¬†03/2016; DOI:10.1016/j.ymssp.2016.02.039
– Isaac Elishakoff, Stefano¬†Gabriele, Yan Wang
Generalized Galileo¬†Galilei problem in interval setting for functionally related loads. Archive¬†of Applied Mechanics 12/2015; DOI:10.1007/s00419-015-1086-4