Link identifier #identifier__108509-1UNICEF
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF is looking for a Data Analyst/Engineer to work closely with selected National Committees and support UNICEF’s project to grow on a digital transformation journey to increase revenues and make an impact on children’s lives around the world. You will be supporting the Individual Giving (IG) team, Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP), based in Geneva: a highly committed and performance-driven team responsible for overseeing a fundraising program that delivers over one billion dollars of income every year.
UNICEF is one of the most admired organizations globally, impacting the lives of children in almost every country of the world. Your work with UNICEF will enable this life-saving and critical work in the most direct way: by raising money that lets us help the most difficult to reach.
UNICEF is at an exciting time as it expands its digital footprint, and we need great professionals to support this challenge. This role is an opportunity to take UNICEF’s fundraising to the next level. Come and help save and nurture children’s lives.
How can you make a difference?
Recently UNICEF ran a discovery process to define a new Digital Revenue Strategy to accelerate digital growth. Our vision: becoming the largest and most successful non-profit digital fundraising program in the world. This role will be crucial for achieving this ambitious goal and sits within the digital fundraising team of the Individual Giving Unit. As a data analyst/engineer you will be collaborating to build and maintain a data platform that scales with Italy National Committee’s ambitions for the fit for future initiative. You will work with blending edge tools and technologies to develop data pipelines that process data in real time and batch focusing on data quality, scalability and business requirements that drive fundraising profitability.
Key responsibilities and main tasks include the following:
- Build Data pipelines: Architecting, creating, and maintaining data pipelines (from data sources or endpoints of acquisition to integration to consumption for specific use cases) will be the primary responsibility of the data analyst/engineer.
- Drive Automation through effective metadata management: The data analyst/engineer will be responsible for using innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks in order to minimize manual and error-prone processes and improve productivity. The data engineer will also need to assist with renovating the data management infrastructure to drive automation in data integration and management.
- Learning and using modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques.
- Tracking data consumption patterns.
- Performing intelligent sampling and caching.
- Monitoring schema changes.
- Recommending — or sometimes even automating — existing and future integration flows.
Descrizione dei profili cercati
Educate and train: The data analyst/engineer should be curious and knowledgeable about new data initiatives and how to address them. This includes applying their data and/or domain understanding in addressing new data requirements. They will also be responsible for proposing appropriate (and innovative) data ingestion, preparation, integration and operationalization techniques in optimally addressing these data requirements.
Participate in ensuring compliance and governance during data use: It will be the responsibility of the data engineer to ensure that the data users and consumers use the data provisioned to them responsibly through data governance and compliance initiatives. Data analyst/engineers should work with data governance teams (and information stewards within these teams) and participate in vetting and promoting content created in the business and by data scientists to the curated data catalogue for governed reuse.
The data scientist is expected to:
- Act as a subject matter expert in data engineering and GCP data technologies.
- Work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data solutions using a range of new and emerging technologies from the Google Cloud Platform.
- Work with Agile and DevOps techniques and implementation approaches in the delivery.
- Showcase GCP Data engineering experience when communicating with market on their requirements, turning these into technical data solutions.
- Build and deliver Data solutions using GCP products and offerings.
Link identifier #identifier__107816-2Apply Now